ASBC Monthly Socials for 2017
- January – 2017 Indoor Baseball Social (pdf) and 2017 Skiing Social (pdf)
- February – 2017 Snow Tubing Social (pdf)
- March – 2017 Rock Climbing (pdf)
- April – Family Dinner Out Night
- May – Orioles Game
- June – Family Fun Day at Oregon Ridge
- August – Water Tubing
ASBC Monthly Socials for 2016
- January – 2016 Bounce Party Social (pdf)
- February – 2016 Snow Tubing (pdf) and 2016 Skiing (pdf)
- March – 2016 Rock Climbing Social (pdf)
- April – 2016 Family Dinner Out Social (pdf)
- May – Orioles Game
- June – It’s our 40th Birthday Celebration at the B&O Railroad Museum! A free event for Baltimore City & County residents and ASBC members!
- July – July Family Dining Night (pdf)
- August – 2016 Water Tubing Social (pdf)
- September – 2016 Amazing Glaze Social (pdf)
- October – 2016 Bowling Social (pdf)
- November – 2016 Introduction to Kung Fu (pdf)
- December – 2016 Swim Social (pdf)
For more information about social events contact us at email@example.com or call our phone at 410-655-7933.
Sensory Friendly Grocery Shopping!
Join us every third Wednesday of the month for Sensory Friendly Grocery Shopping night at the Owings Mills Giant, St. Thomas Shopping Center, 9934 Reisterstown Road from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. You and your family can enjoy music-free and intercom-free shopping, extra staffing for bagging, aisle assistance and curb assistance, candy-free checkout lanes, free fresh fruit for snacking while shopping.
Free Art Classes for
Teens and Adults on the Spectrum
Eight week session starting Sunday, April 23rd (no classes May 7 & June 11)
Teen class (ages 13 – 17) runs from 1:00 to 1:50 pm
Adult class (ages 18 and up) runs from 2:00 to 2:50 pm
To register or for more information, contact Mary Ellen Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our phone line at 410-655-7933.
*Limited Space Available*Spring 2017 Art Classes (pdf)
Sensory Friendly Films
AMC Theatres (AMC) and the Autism Society have teamed up to bring families affected by autism and other disabilities a special opportunity to enjoy their favorite films in a safe and accepting environment on a monthly basis with the “Sensory Friendly Films” program.
In order to provide a more accepting and comfortable setting for this unique audience, the movie auditoriums will have their lights brought up and the sound turned down, families will be able to bring in their own gluten-free, casein-free snacks, and no previews or advertisements will be shown before the movie. Additionally, audience members are welcome to get up and dance, walk, shout or sing – in other words, AMC’s “Silence is Golden®” policy will not be enforced unless the safety of the audience is questioned.
Here is a social story to read with your child about going to the movies:
Going to the Movies Social Story (pdf)
Sensory Friendly Films in Baltimore!
Now Showing at the AMC Loews White Marsh 16
8141 Honeygo Blvd. White Marsh, MD 21236
2017 Schedule of Movies
Now showing movies every 2nd and 4th Saturday and Tuesday of the Month!
Saturday films start at 10:00 am and Tuesday films start at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 22 – Smurfs: The Lost Village
- Tuesday, April 25 – The Fate of the Furious
- Tuesday, May 9 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Saturday, May 13 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Dates and films are subject to change.
*SF Films are also showing at the AMC Theater in Columbia.
10300 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
and at the AMC Theater in Owings Mills:
10100 Mill Run Circle
Owings Mills, MD 21117